To read an article entitled, "What will happen to us when the Oceans die?", please click on the following link:
From this article:
"What the world is lacking are ecological engineers and warriors ready and willing to address the threats to our planet and especially to our oceans."
"What the great majority of people do not understand is this: unless we stop the degradation of our oceans, marine ecological systems will begin collapsing and when enough of them fail, the oceans will die."
"And if the oceans die, then civilization collapses and we all die."
Are you willing to become an Ecological warrior to help stop the threat of the oceans dieing on us forever? Are you willing to change your behaviors in order to save our Oceans? These choices are up to you! If you do not chose to become an ecological warrior and if you are not willing to change those behaviors of yours which are killing the Oceans, then you are going to have to accept responsibility for the destruction of the Earth's key instruments of life on this planet, our Oceans!
Here is a list of ten things you can do to save the Oceans of this planet:
- LEARN all you can. Read, surf the web and experience the ocean directly.
- Be a SMART SHOPPER. Ask grocery stores and restaurants about the source of their seafood.
- CONSERVE water. Be careful when washing your car or watering your lawn.
- REDUCE household pollutants. Cut down and properly dispose of herbicides, peticides and cleaning products.
- REDUCE waste. Dispose of trash properly. Where possible, recycle, re-use, and compost.
- REDUCE automobile pollution. Use fuel efficient vehicles or carpol. Recycle moter oil and repair oil and air conditioning leaks.
- PROTECT ocean wildlife. Don't dispose of fishing lines, nets, or plastic items in or near the water.
- BE CONSIDERATE of sealife habitats. Don't bother sea birds, mammals, and turles or their nesting grounds. Support marine protected areas.
- GET INVOLVED. Take part in a beach cleanup or other ocean-related activities.
- CARE! PASS ON YOUR KNOWLEDGE!